A Fabric Australia Map to sew or colour your travels. Our Travel Embroidery kit lets you show off your travels to all your friends, and show off your embroidery skills at the same time.
Simply draw your route on with the air-erasable pen. Then, stitch over that line, following the instructions for THE EASIEST STITCH EVER!! Within a few days, the drawn line will disappear, so it doesn’t matter if you don’t get the line or the sewing quite right. Then, stick the self-adhesive rhinestones onto the cities you visited. If you want, you can use the coloured pens to fill in other parts of the map, or draw your journey if you don’t want to sew.
This kit has everything you need to track your journeys across Australia with simple needlecraft, colour, and rhinestones. Great for the experienced crafter, or the complete novice.
In each kit, you will get:
– Australia map, designed and printed in Australia
– Black ink on 100% cotton (unfinished raw edges)
– Printed design size of 55cm x 40cm
– Material size 75cm x 60cm
– Easy embroidery instructions
– Erasable pen
– 5 cotton embroidery threads
– Embroidery needle
– Coloured pens
– Coloured stick-on rhinestones
(NB. Colours of pens and threads may differ from pictured finished item)
(Also NB. The displayed photo of the kit contents shows the world map, but you will receive the Australia map, as described above)
Here are a few ideas for your finished map:
– Hem the sides, and sew a pocket in the top. Thread a curtain rod through the pocket, and hang it on the wall
– Stretch it over a canvas or frame
– Sew it into a bedspread
– Make a large floor cushion
– Or a feature pillow for the caravan bed