You all LOVED our Travelling with Kids Gift Guide and asked if we could whip one up for the grown-ups too.
We asked Amber to put together a list of awesome gifts that have all been enjoyed (and welcomed) over the years at Adventure Awaits.
Know someone who is big on travel and adventure?
Check out our Top 20 travel-related gifts for Grown Ups. (not only for travellers, loads in here for your hard-to-buy-for family too…)
*they’re in no particular order – we LOVE them all – especially 17 & 20….
- ONE – Klipsta Hat Clip – Fantastic for travelling, hiking, trips to the beach – what a wonderful gift for a loved one or yourself! Added bonus – these are Australian Made with 6 stylish colours to choose from.
- TWO – Eco Sand Free Beach Towels – Australian Made ECO Beach Towels tick all the boxes for us. We tried and tested towel after towel! We wanted to add a sand free, environmentally friendly & compact towel to our range – finally we found one that ticked all our boxes, including our most important box – AUSTRALIAN MADE!
- THREE – Dunny Buddy – The Dunny Buddy is the camping item that you never knew you needed! Australian designed and Aussie made, this ingenious invention protects your dunny roll when you are out and about exploring! Camping, Caravanning, Fishing, Hiking…this one’s for you!
- FOUR – Alcoholder – insulated tumblers, mugs & stubby coolers. When it comes to insulated tumblers and brilliant stubby coolers that keep your cans and stubbies COLD for hours and your drinks HOT too – Alcoholder has you covered!
We have tried and tested many of these products over the years and Alcoholder are by far a superior quality product & durable. Keeping drinks colder and hotter for much longer than their competitors. Family run in NSW, we LOVE Alcoholder!
- FIVE – Caravan and Camper Log Book – The Caravan & Camper LOG BOOK is an A5 2 part book that will help you keep track of the places you stay and the kilometres that your caravan or camper trailer does. Proudly designed & printed in Victoria.
We found we would set up at a park, and then drive around taking in the sights…but then we would lose track of how many km’s our van was doing. For re-sale and servicing, this information can come in very handy.
- SIX – Unique Jewellery – We have a selection of quirky, unique and incredibly delicious Australian made earrings from a few of our favourite handmade artists. You can also check out UNIQUE caravan inspired gifts here…
- SEVEN – Slide n’ Dry Pegless Clothesline – No Pegs? No Worries! The Slide n’ Dry Pegless Clothesline really is a MUST have item for your next holiday adventure. Perfect for caravanning, camping, hiking, cruises, hotels and backpacking. Available in a variety of colours.
- EIGHT – Map of Australia Sticker – Grab a sharpie or marker and trace along the roads you have travelled with our Map of Australia Sticker – perfect for outside or inside! Designed for our Caravanning & Camping Community, many customers are also putting these up on windows, in offices and bedrooms.
- NINE – Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza – an immensely popular card game for the WHOLE family. We can never play this one without laughing our heads off. We’ve got a fantastic collection of card games for the whole family and our protective card cases are a winner too!
- TEN – Retro Kitchen Carry your Cutlery – A high quality reusable cutlery set perfect for camping, hiking and picnics. Many designs available. View the whole Retro Kitchen range here.
- ELEVEN – Van Go Collections – gorgeous bamboo tableware, linen tea towels, keyrings and so much more for your caravanning & camping loving friends.
- TWELVE – Sausage Mate – You know we LOVE unique Aussie designed products, so we couldn’t resist adding the Sausage Mate to our range. Brilliant invention that will change the game of BBQ wars! The ultimate gift for BBQ lovers or an addition to your own kitchen drawer…
- THIRTEEN – BrewSpoon – The BrewSpoon is ideal for people who love the outdoors, camping, hiking or who simply want to make a quick cuppa at home or at the office. Brewspoon is a simple & effective way to brew your favourite ground beans for a cuppa on the go. View our full range of tea and coffee products here.
- FOURTEEN – Travel Inspired Books – These are a few of our favourites – The Small Kitchen Cook, Fire To Fork and the NEW guide book by Trip in a Van. For our full range of travel books, click here.
- FIFTEEN – Ticket to the Moon Hammock – Thanks to 25 years of experience, Ticket to the Moon’s parachute nylon hammocks are the gold standard when it comes to travel hammocks. They are ideal for those who are a digital nomad, trekking through the wilderness or just taking a nap in the garden.
- SIXTEEN – The Somewhere Co.– When all the staff of our little shop find a product we all love and want, then we know we must have it for our customers too. We absolutely adore this stylish, gorgeous and practical range from The Somewhere Co. and we know you’ll love it too! We’re in love with their fabulous cooler bags, picnic rugs, lunch bags, umbrellas and more! Click here for the range.
- SEVENTEEN – Glass On The Grass – While you are setting up your picnic area, you can’t go past the Glass on the Grass range of Australian Made outdoor wine coasters and ShooFly Food covers. Both ingenious and make wonderful gifts for the traveller and everyone inbetween.
- EIGHTEEN – Frank Green Drink Bottles – Frank Green exists to create sustainable solutions to the single-use plastic problem. They make beautifully designed and innovative products that people love to use, over and over and over again. Heaps of colours available. We’ve now also got bumpers to protect the bases as well as cup holder expanders so they fit in your car!
- NINETEEN – HEMA Maps ‘Where to Camp’Guide Australia, Maps & Map Wallets – We love to pour over a good travel map and guide book. “Where to Camp Guide” is chocka block FULL with everything you need to plan your next adventure. Check out all the Hema Maps here…
- TWENTY Lulu Eye Mask – Like a warm hug for your eyes and mind, this self warming eye mask starts warming up the moment you open it the packet. Lie back, get ready to relax and unfold the mask. When the mask meets the air it begins to warm up, staying at a comforting temperature, so you can drift into a daydream or a deep night’s sleep. Great for tired eyes after a long day of driving and or a stressful day! Available in a few different scents including fragrance-free. Lula Eye Masks were gifted to one of our staff and now she gifts them to all her friends! They make the perfect gifts for loved ones or a special treat for yourself!
- TWENTY-ONE – The Standard Squeeze – The Standard Squeeze is ingenious! Taking the guess work out of pouring your drinks, this little bottle is a game changer, especially for those drinkers that want to keep track of how many standard drinks they are consuming. Great for use in the caravan and also for festivals where glass is not usually permitted. View the whole range here.
- TWENTY-TWO – Winerest – We love clever Australian inventions that make life on the road easier and more comfortable! One of those smart inventions is the Winerest Wine Glass Holder, which protects your wine glass from falling over while sitting in a (camping) chair. Available in six funky colours, making it is easy to remember which glass is yours.
- TWENTY-THREE – Good Riddance is a range of natural, DEET-free creams that have been clinically proven to repel mosquitoes and protect against midges and sandflies. Not only does this Australian made product WORK, but it smells incredible too. Their Rescue Balm Bite Relief is so AMAZING that we never leave the house without it, it’s THAT good.
- TWENTY-FOUR – Navigator Gear – An outdoor caravan, camping & adventure brand that provides accessories with a purpose for the modern-day nomad to assist in getting the best experience with as little stress as possible.
Want more ideas?
And for a huge range of gifts for all, click here.