Hands up if you are always on the look out for QUICK, EASY, HEALTHY and most importantly, DELICIOUS meals! A meal that will satisfy ALL members of your family and have the kids asking for MORE! This is one of those dishes for our family. Our simply Pork Lettuce Boats are a winner and perfect for when you are on the road…and at home!
We love this one for another reason – super easy for the kids to get involved too. Our 11 year old can whip this up from scratch with no help from us – how good it that!!
This will be a short read – as it is so easy!
Ingredients: (you could add any type of veggies…this is what we added)
- 500g of lean pork mince
- 1 tsp of garlic
- 1 tsp of ginger
- 1 x brown onion grated or finely chopped
- 1 x large zucchini grated or finely chopped (we use a V slicer)
- 1 x large carrot grated or finely chopped
- Sloshes of Soy Sauce – yes, “sloshes” is a technical cooking term hahahaha
- Baby Cos Lettuce x 2 – or a regular iceberg lettuce, which ever is handy!
- S & P to taste
- water if needed
- Brown off Pork Mince in pan or pot
- add garlic, ginger & onion
- Stir through
- Add veggies
- Stir through
- Slosh in Soy Sauce – Ashlee does about 3 big sloshes!!
- cover and cook till veggies have softened
- Separate cos lettuce cups, rinse
How easy is that!?!
Our girls have always loved anything in a lettuce cup!
Less dishes, no cutlery – a winning dinner or even lunch while you are on the road or at home.
Here are some other most popular recipes that you might enjoy too:
LET’S SHOP! Click on the photo below to SHOP ONLINE!